Repurpose Packaging Tutorial

Hello, wanted to share a project with you. I took the cardboard backing from a EK Success border punch that I bought. The floral pattern was so cute I came up with a way to repurpose it. The picture below shows you what I used to create a door knob sign: scissors, corner punch, pencil, modge podge, chipboard shape, alphabet stickers, two peices of cardstock, tracing paper, paper door sign. Also, not shown is a piece of scrap patterned paper.


First what I did was trace the parts of packaging that I wanted to cover with pink paper.



Next I cut out a piece of green paper to cover the back of the sign and then used the corner punch to make a scalloped edge on both sides. And glued it to the back of the sign.


Here, you can see I glued the green paper with scalloped edges to the back of the sign.


Then I glued the pink paper I cut out to the areas where I wanted to cover the writing. Leaving just the cute floral pattern exposed.
Then I took a piece of scrap patterned paper to glue on to the chipboard shape.

An lastly, add chipboard shape, stickers to spell out "My Room" and added some plastic dot thingies for shine. See the possiblities here, so much more could be added to personalized it!!

No comments: